Sign in to follow this  
Jayon

I never did get that...

This is a topic for all of those strange little things in video games that just don't seem right. Whatever it is, the things posted here for some reason seem strange or stupid; they don't really make sense. I'll start:

In all of the pokemon games, after you visit a pokemon center, the nurse says "We hope to see you again." I'm always left thinking: "Why? The only reason I come here is to heal my little animal servants who've been beaten up by other little animal minions. Do you enjoy seeing my pokemon in pain? is that the kind of sick twisted people we have as nurses nowadays?"

Hahahahaha Jayon. Gosh, I thought the same thing all the time :p

Anyway, I do have this issue with Resident Evil...

I mean, a whole city gets infected by a mutagen virus but it doesn't escape?

"Let's close the only apparently main road out of this city and everything will stay inside!"

...riiight. I mean, couldn't the zombies walk out through the streets, reach the suburbs (eventually) and just wander about to other places? No, apparently by closing the only big street leading to a city with two military tanks and a truck is enough to block a full scale virus outbreak to escape the city. Not even the rats who started it escaped Racoon City, because the outbreak stopped after the nuke.

See... those are things which just don't seem right.

In the Megaman games, you can get shot by lasers, impaled by spears, smashed with hammers, and blown up by missiles. Yet you have to take like a dozen of these hits to be finally killed. However, if you step on a spike, just one thumbtac sticking up off the ground, you're dead.

I've never played Megaman...

The fact that Pokemon don't die when you battle them, they simply faint, and according to the game, fainting is simply when a Pokemon uses all of its energy and passes out, but you can't catch a fainted Pokemon, which would be when the Pokemon should be at its easiest to catch. Why can't you catch a fainted Pokemon?

I hate how I do what's in bold in my above post U__U I do it all the time, it's very annoying.

Mine is in Final Fantasy VII you can get killed thousands of different ways and come back to life with a phoenix down, but when Aeris/Aerith gets Spoilers Ahead!

stabbed by Sephiroth she is dead for good.

^I think that that's much like in the pokemon games; your characters don't die, they faint. Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense that sleeping revives dead characters. Once all of your characters have fainted, it's presumed that the enemies then kill you. When

she gets stabbed, it actually kills her.

However, that does bring up the question; how is it that you can live through explosions, bullets, slashes, and everything else, but one stab through the gut kills you?

Huh?

Umm... Cannon? How do you use the spolier tool here?

Huh?

Umm... Cannon? How do you use the spolier tool here?

It's right under the emoticon box.

A Spoiler!

Yeah, but then, how do you actually see the spoiler? The only way I can see the text is to highlight it; is that the only option?

Nope, Phoenix Downs revive people from death. They get killed, not pass out, the PDs revive them. THAT, my friends, is called "cinematics." Game rules do not apply in those, for they're like mini shows, and shows never follow game rules. Like Pokemon. The series =/= the games.

Yeah, but then, how do you actually see the spoiler? The only way I can see the text is to highlight it; is that the only option?

That's actually what you are supposed to do. The other tags were javascript, which meant two things. One there was a slight lag on slow comps or connections before the tag would hide it, and two if someone had no javascript, like a screen reader or a mobile phone then the spoiler would be completely exposed.

This way is safer.

---

Nope, Phoenix Downs revive people from death. They get killed, not pass out, the PDs revive them. THAT, my friends, is called "cinematics." Game rules do not apply in those, for they're like mini shows, and shows never follow game rules. Like Pokemon. The series =/= the games.

No they don't. It's never explicitly stated in any of the games that the pheonix down revives the character from death. If you want to see more than one example then check out a few of the guest party members in Final Fantasy II or the intro to Final Fantasy XII

Read the manuals x_x

I don't trust manuals.

Have you read the manual for the First Metroid? Then you know what I mean.

<.<

That was misleading on purpose. Finding out Samus was a chick was a "SURPRISE!!!!" Finding out that FF characters pass out, not get killed, isn't a "SURPRISE!!!!"

That was misleading on purpose. Finding out Samus was a chick was a "SURPRISE!!!!" Finding out that FF characters pass out, not get killed, isn't a "SURPRISE!!!!"

Well then how is it that

Rassler gets shot by an arrow, not mauled, not blown up, and dies.

oh wait, yea he died, no faint to it >.>

It's just not to be interpreted literally, besides it's common sense that they would just get knocked out, because bringing people back from the dead, that would have more focus storywise, think of the possibilities and oddities it would have created if the phoenix down brought people back from the dead.

SUPER MEGA MAJOR FREAKING SPOILERS! I'M NOT PLAYING PEOPLE THESE REPRESENT SOME OF THE MOST STARTLING MOMENTS IN FINAL FANTASY, VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! NO JOKE.

Auron wouldn't have died in Rin's care, nope would have gotten a phoenix down

hell the whole story of 10 centers around death, and it's "never ending spiral" if a phoenix down brought things back from the dead, then why would Yuna have to send people

Zack

Galuf

Tellah

Vivi

Kuja

Leo

Josef

Scott

Richard

Reks

Gabranth

Mindu

Biggs

Wedge

Jesse

ah what the hell - Every Antagonist! why pick and choose

Need I go on?

Basically, my point is, in order for the story to fit a phoenix down has to just revive a knocked out character, not resurrect them.

Well then, aside from that mini-debate, another thing I never got was how in Zelda games Link never says a word but people still act as though he said something.

EX: When Link sees Zelda for the first time in OoT she asks for his name and gets an answer.

Well then, aside from that mini-debate, another thing I never got was how in Zelda games Link never says a word but people still act as though he said something.

EX: When Link sees Zelda for the first time in OoT she asks for his name and gets an answer.

Pokemon and Mario are the same

how come when your pokemon uses self destruct where it BLOWS ITS SELF UP you can bring it to a center and they make it good as new....

do you like give them assorted chunks of flesh and the clone it or something?

Pokemon and Mario are the same

Well Pokemon yes this is true, but in Mario he at least makes little noises or says a single word.

More than once, especially in Sunshine, he was asked stuff (heck, HE WAS IN TRIAL) and people got answers from mute mouth. How come?

Oh, I have never played Sunshine so I wouldn't know.

Also I found another one, how come in the Resident Evil series the item boxes happen to be magically linked to each other.

I love it when in games the player can take out bazookas and when he's done, he does this gesture toward his back, and the bazooka disappears. Apparently it was transported to a magical and never-ending item bag. O.o;

Perhaps not even a bazooka, but maybe a giant staff *points at Star Fox Adventures*