Sign in to follow this  
Jayon

I never did get that...

Link so talks sometimes.

"I found a mirror under the table"

Ringin' any bells?

Anyhow, something I never got: Ridley.

He is clearly not getting the job done. Samus makes milk's meat of him time and time again, but the Pirates always come up with the brilliant idea to clone/reconstruct/heal/repair/however-they-keep-bringing-him-back again and again and again. You'd think the primary antagonists of a game would have a little bit more smarts...

Link so talks sometimes.

"I found a mirror under the table"

Ringin' any bells?

Anyhow, something I never got: Ridley.

He is clearly not getting the job done. Samus makes milk's meat of him time and time again, but the Pirates always come up with the brilliant idea to clone/reconstruct/heal/repair/however-they-keep-bringing-him-back again and again and again. You'd think the primary antagonists of a game would have a little bit more smarts...

The Adventure of Link quote is debatable, so I won't touch that issue. As to the Ridley deal, I think the reason they keep reviving Ridley is because he was always the closest thing the Space Pirates had to killing Samus. But that's just what I think.

I actually have quite a few things:

1. In Splinter Cell, if you are in complete shadow, the enemies seem to not see you AT ALL despite your goggles giving light.

2. In Resident Evil, despite getting slashed and bitten to the point of near-death Jill and Chris are still able to walk normally. (They must have a very high pain threshold.)

3. In Legend of Zelda, people don't mind that a little boy is carrying around a sword and BOMBS.

4. In Pokemon, I have always wondered why the Team Rocket gang didn't just beat the living snot out of you if you meddled in their plans.

I don't get how in Fire Emblem, when your unit's HP is 0, they die. But when its the AI's unit, nope, they have they brains to retreat.

Ridley must be related to Zero (from the Megaman X/Zero series, duh), seeing as neither of them has the capacity to actually die no matter how many times they're killed.

1. How does Kirby's biological process work?

2. How come it takes Barry over two shots from a magnum to kill a zombie in Resident Evil?

3. How'd Liquid Snake chose Revolver Ocelot as a host for his arm if he was dead?

4. Why does the Umbrella Corp. let themselves be run by basically insane psycopaths?

5. How come Dr. Eggman Robotnik almost never makes a mech that doesn't have a weak point?

6. What is the true origin of Phazon and Metroid Prime?

7. Why does Meta Knight help Kirby in Kirby's Adventure?

8. IWhy doesn't Dark Matter ever try possess Kirby when it invades?

9. Why'd Sega turn Shadow emo until Sonic Next Gen occured after Sonic Heroes?

10. Can Wesker transform like Sergei in Resident Evil?

11. How did Jill survive asleep over 2 days in a church in Raccoon City while it was infected?

12. I'll have more later, gotta eat with mom now.

Pokemon stuff!

1. Gyarados is Water/Flying type instead of Water/Dragon. WTF? Gyarados has more similarities to Dragon types than Flying types!

2. Steel types aren't weak to Electric types. Water types are weak to Electric types. Water conducts electricity (which is why Water types are weak to Electric types). Steel ALSO conducts electricity.

3. In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 (both versions), Stunky and Skutank explode upon being defeated. Sure, maybe they might be able to learn Explosion, but still, they aren't the kind of Pokemon you expect to see exploding upon defeat.

Ridley must be related to Zero (from the Megaman X/Zero series, duh), seeing as neither of them has the capacity to actually die no matter how many times they're killed.

There's one very important difference, though. Zero is a Reploid; he's a robot. He dies many tiems, but he 'lives' because he gets re-built. You can do that with a robot, as long as its parts are only removed instead of destroyed. And Zero isn't the only Megaman character that gets re-built; almost every boss you face in the Megaman games are re-built, and you have to fight them all a second time before the last boss. Also, Vile was destroyed in Megaman X, and then re-built for X3. It's clear that any of the Megaman characters can live infinitley as long as people re-build them. It's just that Zero is so powerful, he's constantly revived, whereas the other characters are weaker, so no one bothers.

Dragonite is a Dragon/Flying, but why isn't Charizard a dragon type as well? Can't it become Fire/Dragon when it evolves from Charmeleon? Same for Gyarados, but you said it yourself.

Also, none of those Pokemon can learn Fly, even though two have wings, and the other one is half flying type.

Not in Yellow, at least.

Charizard can learn fly in all the new games. Hell, even Golbat can fly.

No, Samus never sleeps, her Awesome Suit takes care of the need to sleep.

Does Samus ever sleep?

Isn't she just coming out of some sort of cryo-sleep in the beginning of Corruption? That could kinda count.

Not in Yellow, at least.

Actually, I believe that Yellow was the first game in which Charizard was able to learn fly. I know my Yellow version has a flying Charizard. (And a Surfing Pikachu.)

Charizard also makes sense as Fire/Flying, mainly because of the fact that it actually learns FLYING TYPE moves, but no Dragon type moves.

Hell, even Mantine learns Wing Attack. Gyarados doesn't learn Flying type attacks, only Water, Dragon, and Normal type. And Dark type for Bite, and maybe Crunch. (I think Gyarados might learn it, but I'm not sure.) I assume that they didn't give Gyarados Water/Dragon type because in the first games, the lack of weaknesses would make Gyarados so damn broken that it's impossible to beat easily.

But then again, Kingdra in the second generation kinda destroys that theory, but the second generation games were much more balanced.

I just checked my Pokemon Yellow game, and I found out that Charizard had indeed the capacity to learn fly.

So yeah, my most sincere apologies.

It was Red, Blue, and Green where Charizard couldn't learn Fly. Yellow changed that, along with making the graphics reflect the concept art for the Pokemon instead of making them look ridiculous. And also it was the first time the happiness system came up, and Pikachu was able to naturally learn Thunderbolt (instead of something else that I can't remember at the moment. I think it was Agility or something, but I don't know.)

The dual-types were really screwed up in the old versions, even the normal types. Seriously, Poison weak against Bug? Zubat, for some unearthly reason, was weak against Bug attacks.

Yeah this has been said before in a way but it still deserves to be said again, how come in Pokemon if you beat a 20+ year old leader or grunt in one of the teams (rocket, magma, ect.) at a Pokemon battle he is all like "omg ma planz are ruined" when in reality he could just beat the hell out of the 10 year old kid and be on with his plans...

Edited by Sour_Zelda

'cuz then he'd get a Charizard flaming his ass and slashing the crap out of him.

1. Why does Gary, or whatever YOU named him, have to be such a little ****head? Ex. In Red and Blue version, he makes you choose your Pokemon first, THEN he chooses. But that's nothing compared to Yellow Version. In their, he kicks you away from the only pokemon, jacks it from you, and Prof. Oak doesn't do a damn thing about it. Not only that, but in the end, he evolves it to Jolteon, and can rape Charizard and Blastoise with Thunderbolt, and Venusaur with Pin Missile. **** you, Gary.

2. In Majora's Mask, how is the banker able to keep your money, despite constant resetting of time? He must be a master time traveler.

3. In Resident Evil 2, the gun shopkeeper STANDS NEAR THE WINDOWS. What kind of idiot stays there knowing that zombies are infesting the streets?

4. Mario... never mind about Mario. <_<

5. ...does Science Team really have vapor for brains? It seems like it. :lol:

I can answer the MM one. He stamps your hand, so you have a voucher for the money at that bank. It is kinda odd that he doesn't think it strange that a boy would have a ton of money which he never remembered him putting in. >_> Maybe he has too many clients to keep track of.

Venasaur is weak to Pin Missile in Red/Blue/Yellow. Why?

To answer the question of why the Rockets don't just beat up the trainer (and to elaborate a little more on what Sour said); in the world of pokemon, humans are weaklings. No human is as powerful as a pokemon (remember at the beginning of the Kanto games, Oak won't even let you go out into grass that has pokemon that are no stronger than level 4). Therefore the person who controls the strongest pokemon is the most powerful person. So if a 10-year old kid has a pokemon that's stronger than the strongest pokemon belonging to the leader of an international crime syndicate, the kid is the more powerful of the two.

That kind of makes you wonder; as the pokemon legue champ, the trainer is the most powerful person in the world. Why doesn't he set his sights on world domination or something?

Venasaur is weak to Pin Missile in Red/Blue/Yellow. Why?

If that was a serious question, then it's because Pin Missile is a Bug-Type Move. Venasaur is a Grass/Poison Pokemon. So, there you go.

Poison is not weak to Bug. Poison is strong to Bug. See my Zubat question, where a Flying [strong to Bug] and Poison [strong to Bug] is weak to Bug attacks.