Sign in to follow this  
Dudemaster47

Star Fox

Well, since we've been having a huge discussion on Star Fox 64 in the shoutbox, I feel that there should be a topic about the series. (Maybe even a forum, but let's not go too far.)

The ones I've played are:

Star Fox

Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars

Star Fox: Adventures

Star Fox: Assault

I like the storyline of the Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars-Assault (Assault was probably the creepiest and to me had the best story of Star Fox. Pigma becoming an Aparoid slowly gave me nightmares). I think I probably liked 64 the best overall and look up to Peppy as one of the few true video game heroes, not only for his lines but also for his action and dedication. He's an overall hero. I mean he was in the original star fox team, constantly gave Fox advice, has the best lines, risked his life by coming out of retirement to save the supreme commander of the army, and risked his life even worse nearly killing himself to allow the others to get into the Aparoid homeworld (I think that would have been a good and honorable death for him myself. Don't like how it all is in Command at all). And so yeah...that's what I have to start off with =) Wonder how the team would do against :ridley:

I played Starfox, Starfox 64, and some random Starfox game where you run around with a little beatstick from some fine foxy lady beating up dinosaur things and crap. Been playing SF64 a lot lately on the VC.

I've only played Star Fox 64.

Frankly, Peppy has some of the most quotable lines in the game. (Like, "Do a barrel roll!" and, "Use the boost to get through!".)

Playing it on the VC is great, since N64 games work REALLY well with the GC controller. The fact that C-left is x and C-right is y makes things MUCH better as well.

I've gotten most of the medals, as well, and had little trouble. Now I'm doing expert, and I only have the medals for Sector Z, Area 6, and Venom left.

Sector Z is evil, Area 6 is just difficult, and I haven't reached hard Venom yet (which I have an easier time with), but easy Venom destroyed me.

I love the series, I played Star Fox, 64, and Adventures. I love the first two and think Adventures is mediocre.

Assault's more of a Star Fox game than Adventures was, u should try it sometime

I love Star Fox 64. In fact, I think it was the first game I ever played. Star Fox and Mario Kart for the N64. Ah... good times.

And now, the quotes begin. "Hey Einstein! I'm on your side!"

Assault had about half or it as Star Fox 64-type gameplay with the other parts being on foot and shooting things.

Starfox 64 had parts being on foot and shooting things >_>;

when? o_O

Maybe you got confused with the tank, but SF64 NEVER had out-of-the-ship missions.

Maybe you got confused with the tank, but SF64 NEVER had out-of-the-ship missions.

Parts, not missions.

SF64 did have on foot 'parts'.

Parts, not missions.

SF64 did have on foot 'parts'.

Stop playing with words, you never shot anything on foot.

Don't be hating just because you never got a medal for Venom on expert...

There is an on-foot vs. mode, but that's it.

I'm CURRENTLY trying to get it. It's hard enough just to GET to Venom.

I owned the original, I've got 64 on the VC (and I played it like crazy at friends' houses back when it was new), and I played a little of Adventures. And yes, there certainly is a way to play on-foot in Starfox 64, though it's a pretty tough thing to unlock. I still prefer using the Arwing for Vs. Mode though; it has far more versatility.

Yes, there are parts where you shoot things on foot. Getting a medal on Venom on expert mode grants you the ability to play in VS mode on foot. You're super tiny, super slow, cannot charge your weapon, but God do you kick so much ass.

Keep practicing Sour ;) When I was young, I could barely get a medal on any level. Now, I've got them all :D

Yeah, I've been working really hard to earn it, it's not easy. Expert mode is incredibly difficult. I need to just work on getting the medal in Venom before working on Area 6 and Sector Z right now. But I'm taking the day off of Star Fox, so yeah.

Keep practicing Sour ;) When I was young, I could barely get a medal on any level. Now, I've got them all :D

I still can't get a medal on Aquas. ;;>_>

All I've left to get a medal on in expert mode is that notorious Sector Z, Katina, Sector X, and that saturny planet after it. At LEAST two different play-throughs just to get them all x_x It's really not very hard, more of a pain in the ass since you contact something once and you lose a wing, and for some reason, everything in expert mode is hell bent on ramming straight up your arse. Seriously, I never run into anything on normal mode. Expert mode, It's like I'm getting the train ran on me T_T

Heh, I tried playing SF SNES emulator.. it just didnt work out so well XD

There is talk of a new Star Fox game (who didn't see that one coming?) on the wii but there is no firm confirmation of it yet.