Sign in to follow this  
crazychrisb

Out of ALL the Metroid games, which place creeped you out the most?

Valhalla anyone?

Yes.

And also:

Grenchlers > Sheegoths in creepiness, hands down. Especially after adding the fact that they are excellent swimmers, and Samus isn't.

For some reason Grenchlers only really startled me when they jumped up to attack me. Sheegoths really got me for some reason though.

My second creepiest moment would be the the dissintergating body of the Space Pirate in Sky Town

Neh...

Grenchlers deserve the 1st place in the podium.

*Has severe issues with water amphibians*

The SA-X

Any room in dark Aether that contains Hunter Ings! OMG, it's even scarier when you turn your back at them and run, cause those suckers keep following. Also, the Valhalla gave me a nasty feeling.

It's a toss between Dark Aether and the research lab on Elysia for me. I jumped back when those bodies disintegrated, but being in Dark Aether always kept me on the edge of my chair. Especially rooms with Ing and Dark Grenchlers.

What I hate (or maybe love?) the most in an enemy is when it pursuits you. The feeling of being followed by a monster just gets me. Grenchlers, Dark or however, are especially good in following you around when you're just trying to get past a specific room quickly. I remember I always used to find ways around Grenchler-filled rooms regardless of how long the detour would be :p

And in the same trend of enemies that follow you around, Warrior Ing and Hunter Ing are by far and wide the worst. Not only because Dark Aether is the epitome of a hostile environment all on its own, but because you have very limited areas to go to because of the light beacons so when they follow you, you're pretty much trapped when you don't know where to go next.

The SA-X is, as you must logically deduce, at the top of my fearful Metroid enemies, because, again, it follows you. Plus, unlike with Grenchlers and the Ing, you can't fight the SA-X until the end, so it's escape or die and the escape sequences are evily designed, IMO. Genius.

Still, Metroid as a series is scarcely scary. In fact, it's not scary at all, it's just atmospheric. F.E.A.R. still holds the first place in the scariest games, even above F.E.A.R. 2 and Condemned 1 and 2. It's just that good.

Valhalla was creepy, specially with the blurred vision.

Scariest thing imo was on my first play through Echoes, in one of the first rooms where the dead GF Troopers fell down on the Splinter webs, i had the music up all the way too.

It made my spine tingle, i love that part.