Sign in to follow this  
Diorte

Zeitgeist

I warn you, it's two hours long, so those of you with dial-up, I'm sorry, you're going to have to have a fun time x_x

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/main.htm

I've only watched half of it so far. It covered how astrology is basically the parent of every major myth and religion, and part 2 talked about 9/11 being a myth.

It covered how astrology is basically the parent of every major myth and religion, and part 2 talked about 9/11 being a myth.

>_____>

Maybe later when I need a good laugh...

Well, after watching the whole thing, here are my thoughts:

Part One (the part about religions)

Well, I'd already known about the similarities between pretty much every (theistic) religion, what with virgin births and resurrections (and more) happening in every corner of the world, but I wasn't aware that it could all be traced back to astronomical/astrological figures and events. Well, except for the wide worship of sun deities.

Part Two (regarding 9/11)

This "conspiracy theory" is explained in ways that sound quite convincingly real. But then again, I've read/watched/played through SciFi stories that were able to explain themselves convincingly enough.

I didn't even know anything about World Trade Center building 7 before watching this, but apparently it fell down too. I don't remember anything about it ever being mentioned on any of the news stories I'd seen about 9/11...

This part also reminded me a lot of the TV show 'The Lone Gunmen'. It's pilot, first aired on March 4 2001, was about a secret US government agency plotting to crash a remote-controlled airplane into the World Trade Center so they could increase the military defense budget. The attack would be blamed on foreign "tin-pot dictators".

Part 3 (I think it was about banks or something?)

This part bored me. For the most part all I heard was "blah blah blah, American banks: bad, blah blah blah". ....Wait, the Amero? What's this now? Oh, now we're back to more blah blah blah-ing.

Overall, I was left somewhat not knowing what to think. And a little bored, near the end. Though I did find out that I apparently do have some faith in humanity, as I was finding it hard to believe that America's own government would attack it's own people just for profit, but who knows.

Also, I find it slightly ironic how this movie opens by telling you not to trust what you've been told, and expects you to trust what it is telling you now.

I still have to finish the 9/11 part. The religion part's probably the only thing I'll really find interesting. Did they actually say the "Amero" for money? o__O I've been saying that since I heard about the Euro, only being completely sarcastic about it o.o

Yeah, the part about religions really was the most interesting, especially since I have some inexplicable fascination with things like the Zodiac. I'm proud to be a Scorpio, even though I believe that that has absolutely no bearing on anything whatsoever... >_>

And yes, the Amero is part of the plot for a SINGLE PLANETARY GOVERNEMENT! (insert thunderclaps and dun dun dunnns here)

Well what I thought was interesting, only because of Ikus, was that the movie said America will get rid of Chavez in Venezuela.

The "projected by May, 2008, you will be required to have an identification card thing" made me kinda like wtf, since May already passed. I'm expecting this card now, and I already knew about the RFID chip. Didn't know it was in passports, though oO

Meh.

What else are you going to do with those two hours? -_- Go to a friend's or steal someone else's faster-than-56k-Internet and watch it >_> It makes you smarter.

"Hostile" publicity much?

Should I have said it nicely or just held my tongue? >_>

Should I have said it nicely or just held my tongue? >_>

That's up to you right?

What else are you going to do with those two hours? -_- Go to a friend's or steal someone else's faster-than-56k-Internet and watch it >_> It makes you smarter.

Alright you convinced me, I will watch it until one of my friends turns it off :p

I showed it to my aunt's boyfriend. Part of part three anyways. He was extremely intrigued. Sucks that people think "Pfft, screw that" just because it's not five-ten minutes long. Disappointing, really =/

I just don't feel like sitting up from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. in order to watch like 15 minutes of it >.>

Anyway I will watch it this weekend when I go to my friends house.

If you like this kind of movies you shuld probably check one that is called "What the Bleep do we know", youve probably heard of it cause its been out for a long time. :)