Jayon

PC Upper Decks

I've seen him before.

It's a pleasure, Cegorea. I'm looking forward to training with you as well.

*At these words, both Jartorran and Cegorea stayed silent, realizing what it meant*

That is, if you wish so.

Haha, I should've know you were around. And now that you speak about it, i wouldn't mind seeing you in battle myself, as long as you don't blind me again. What kind of weapon do you use, or are these more specail abilities i'll have to watch out for?

Why spoil the fun now? Let's wait until tomorrow and you'll see what I can do.

For now, I'll go to my room and rest. Good-bye, both of you.

*And he left.*

Well it should be interesting having a battle with him, if he disappears I am not sure how exactly I am to fight him. I should do some research on that later, also we should try to get more members of this mission to fight at once, we could use some training in fighting swarms.

Edited by Sour_Shinji

Hahaha, that one's just full of surprises. Night Cegorea, looks like I'll need all the rest i can get before battling either of you.

*with that he followed somber through door and headed to his room for the night.*

*Once in the cockpit Jartorran sent a message saying:*

Attention all crew members of phantom city, this is SRWH902511, otherwise known as Jartorran. I am requesting a meeting for all crew members of the ship outside the door to the armory. Please report there immediately, the meeting will begin as soon as all members arrive. That is all.

*Jartorran then turned to leave. As he was doing so he noticed the blinking message of some temperature adjustment. He thought no more of it, assuming someone must have been fiddling with it to help maintain the creatures. He then headed to the Armory to await the arrival of his new "team."*

*The service elevator opened in a scarcely lit hallway unfrequented by anyone. Several robots moved back and forth through the long corridor, following their programs without problems, or any kind of interruption. Like all the other uncrowded areas of this military base, it was very cold and unsuited for heavy activity. Somber exited the lift and headed down the hall to the left, following some arrows in the floor that apparently lead to the cockpit. To the right was the main corridor for the cockpit access most commonly used. Effectively, he reached a big door at the end of the hallway. It was then when he noticed there were no windows in the whole corridor. Probably to enhance security in the delicate area. His stealth was at maximum levels. He neither made a sound, nor transpired in any way. Instead of hiding in light, which bothered him, he felt comfortable in this cold darkness, and was invisible to any kind of machine. The cockpit required a simple code to enter, but he decided to wait beside the door until something happened. He didn't want to enter the cockpit himself, nor being detected in any way, even if it didn't mean anything wrong. He was invisible in every aspect.

After waiting for around an hour, a small light turned on at the right of the cockpit's door, bright red, which then blinked thrice and turned light blue, turning off slowly. Somber wondered what that had been, probably some accident that had been solved; "Or thought to be solved," he thought. He smiled at the idea of ignorance, of thinking in dominating the situation when it's not really true. And so he followed his train of thought and time passed quickly.

Finally, a small robot approached the door and upon its presence and an electronic command that Somber was able to notice, the hatch unbolted. Somber followed the little automaton into the helm, which was unsurprisingly obscure and chill. The droid pressed some buttons in a central tactile screen panel with bright colors, and left. Somber had been successful in getting in. But it wasn't much the fact that he got in, since there was no problem in entering the cockpit anyway. What was important was that he entered without having being noticed, the true key factor that complicated the otherwise customary process. He was suddenly aware that he was in another section of the cockpit. This wasn't what the ship's diagrams showed, nor what was commonly accessible. "No wonder why it's still dark and freezing cold," he thought. In fact, he was in a second part of the cockpit, hidden and hermetically sealed. It came up even better than he had expected. Now for the next part.*

*Somber noticed the presence of tight security, (mostly through cameras, though he saw some hatches that spawned security droids if necessary). This hindered the whole plan, since approaching the panel would be much harder. The meager light that the bright screen gave off was enough to advert Somber's skin the presence of light, and he would have to hide parts of his body in the light (the front), while keeping the back of his body in the darkness. He was sure he could pull it off, his control of his body was polished through experience and time, and he was ready to do this. Coming close to the tenuous luminescence, he blended into the atmosphere perfectly, and successfully remained hidden to the lens of the cameras. Now that he was in front of the panel, the next dilemma was how to activate the buttons without really touching them, nor using anything suspicious around him to do so. Suddenly the hatch door opened and another small robot rushed in. Somber swiftly blocked its way before it came into the view of the security cameras and opened it's back. It was a simple droid following very elemental instructions of pressing a combination of buttons depending on what the ship requested. Somber applied his knowledge to reprogram the robot, and it wasn't too hard anyway. After memorizing what buttons had to be pressed and in what specific order, Somber input the combination in the robot's mechanical code (changing colored wires into different sockets), and let it go.

The small bot advanced and followed Somber's instructions perfectly. It then turned around, and just before it was heading out the door Somber got a hold of it again, and rearranged the wires so that nothing became suspicious. He then let the robot leave, following it out of this secret cockpit area and down the elevator, into the main decks.*

*When he got to the observation deck, NN realized he was still holding the useless hilt of his broken knife and tossed it aside. None of the other crew seemed to be here yet, so he settled down at one of the tables to wait. He hoped the rest of the crew had managed to avoid trouble, unlike himself.*

*NN heard some noises coming from the other side of the observation deck. He makes his way there, around the central column that made up the cockpit and computer center. The source of the noise became readily apparent as the cold-containment robot NN had seen earlier, but it looked to have been upgraded considerably. Also present on this side of the deck was the beast-scented man he had encountered several times.*

*Grateful to see some of the other crew had made it to safety, NN approached to two.*

I'm glad that some allies made it here, from what I've seen the escaped creatures are going to be quite a challenge. Did either of you encounter any of them?

Freezer Man answers quickly.

Freezer Man: I encountered three specimens, two yettis and a cyclops with one of its finger units cut off. From your broken knife, I can see that you faced one of the tougher specimens.

*Cegorea limps through the elevator and begins walking around desperately until he sees Freezer Man and NN, they stare at him in awe as he bleeds profusely right in front of them clutching his side and bruised all over. *

Get me so...me help plea...se...I just need some med...ical atten...cion and I wil...l be o...o..okay, I kill...ed one of tho...se damn th..th..ings.

*The battered horse/man looked to be in desperate condition. NN swiftly appraised the other two crew members and assumed that he himself would be the fastest. Besides, he had no training in medical care. The Sphinx began running towards an elevator, far from the one their injured comrade had come up. He didn't want to encounter these things himself. He called over his shoulder as he ran.*

You two, put pressure on his wounds, or something. Use whatever medical training you have! I'm going to the supply room to see if there's anything that can help!

*He got in the elevator and slammed the button to go down.*

Freezer Man presses a button on his arm cannon, and then holds it to Cegorea's wounded side.

Freezer Man: ......Hold still.

Freezer Man shoots, and a layer of ice forms over the open wound.

Freezer Man: I am not a medical droid, but I know enough to know that it should numb the pain as well as close the wound to buy you some time.

*Once NN and the medical robot reached the patient, the Sphinx set the haversack down, opened it, then stood back to let the robot do its work. He noticed that most of the wounds had been covered with a thin layer of ice. He guessed the cold-containment robot was responsible, and hoped the trick had bought enough time.*

*Cegorea squirms helplessly on the ground as his wounds are tended to, after a good three hours Cegorea gets up feeling better already (aside from his side that was heavily bruised and his face still throbbing though disinfected and sealed shut with stitches). He looks around sees his surroundings dizzily and then begins to talk.*

Thank you, I am glad you guys were around this area as I easily would have died without the help. I wish I could get back into the action but there is little I can do in this condition, for now we need to formulate a plan.

Freezer Man stands up straight.

Freezer Man: It is obvious. We need to head to the armory. These creatures...should not be killed. Merely stunned is enough. Especially the Draycon and the Djinn, it may be harder to subdue them, but they are small in number and incredibly powerful specimens. We brought the specimens to set loose on the Barbassian army, correct? We cannot kill them, unless we wish to take risks. The armory has several powerful stunning weapons, we can take them and use them.

I have already killed and crippled a few creatures, I don't think it is a huge loss however as they are not exactly rare species and can be cloned easily. But I am not sure what others creatures may be lurking around, and there are still creatures at the bottom of this elevator most likely. If necessary we may need to kill of a creature or two on our way down in the worst case scenario. Also if we travel in a group we should be fine, I may need some rest but I can still run and defend if needed. In other words I will accompany you.

Freezer Man: ...I know that you did, I mentioned it for that specific reason. The creatures are all on the main level...except for the dracyon, somehow.

A map is projected from Freezer Man's eyes, showing the entire ship room for room, and several dots are on the map, of different colors.

Freezer Man: The blue dots are the members of the crew. There are four of us here, and what I believe are the Senator and the strange bioform, Somber, are still on the main level. The red dots are the specimens. Of the escaped ones, seven are on the main level, and one is on the working decks, which I believe is the dracyon, due to the ID number. The gray dots are all of the robots on the ship. And...there seems to be an odd electromagnetic disturbance in the lower decks, which is odd, but...most likely nothing, the magnetic trackers are extremely sensitive to this kind of thing, it could simply be an electrical spark.

Cegorea: How...

Freezer Man: Every living organism on the ship, including the crew is tagged and ID'd. (...Most of them, anyway.) These maps are equipped on all robots on the ship, and use a combination of radar (to track the robots), a built-in GPS-type tracker (the "satellite" is on board the ship somewhere, I believe it is one of the central computer's programs), and a magnetic sensor that compliments the radar in tracking the robots, along with a few other things I was not told about.

(OOC: DM, I'm okay with some of the specimens and the robots being ID'd, but the crew members wouldn't be, and SEELE's character certainly shouldn't be known, to anyone. I'm quite sure he doesn't want anyone to know about him.)

I can confirm that the creature on the working decks is the Dracyon. I...encountered it, and to be honest, I'm surprised it managed to make it up even that far. It would be quite a squeeze for it to fit onto one of the elevators. Maybe that's why it got off on the first stop.

More to the point, the Dracyon isn't going to go down easy. Physical projectile weapons are out of the question since we're not going for the kill, and they'd have trouble getting through its hide anyway. In all honesty, I don't think any of the energy weapons are going to work either. Anything powerful enough to penetrate the scales would do too much internal damage. The lizard'd probably die.

I think the best bet would be to see if the supply room has any sedatives that can be delivered as a gas. Personally though, I'd kinda prefer the beastie was put down for good...

(OOC: Jayon, don't worry, electromagnetic disturbance is pretty vague, and even though it is referring to SEELE's character, I'll just change the post so that it's just dismissed as nothing. Also, the crew members are tagged for a fairly good reason: If there's an accident, or a disaster, and someone is injured, it is useful to the medical droids so that they can find the wounded crew member quickly. Also...the most of them part was a reference to shades, they aren't tagged simply because they are made for stealth, and if they could be picked up on a GPS system by the enemy, it wouldn't do much good, would it?)

Freezer Man: No, we cannot kill the dracyon. Of all of them, it needs to be the one we keep alive most of all. Taking out Datacon is the Phantom City's main goal, but we have the specimens for a reason. If they die, we risk losing to the Barbass troops, because Datacon may be intelligent, but it is just a computer. There are still powerful generals who can make orders on their own without permission from Datacon, as a back-up plan. The specimens are to be set loose on the troops to takes out several. The dracyons, of which we only have five, are the most powerful ones we have, and will take out several of their robotic warriors. One is on the loose, and it must be subdued.

Freezer Man adjusts his stance.

Freezer Man: Also, the armory has several weapons. There are stun weapons that are incredibly powerful, and a shot from one can actually kill some of the less powerful creatures on this ship due to the amount of electricity they shoot. Think of them as tasers on steroids, crack, heroin, and any other drug you can think of.

OOC: Cegorea will be tagged due to the fact that he often takes heavy hits being a close range fighter

*Cegorea assesses the situation for a moment and then speaks up*

I think that the sedatives are a risky choice as many of these creatures are immune to sleep, after all they were made to do this so they have less fatigue and can be on constant watch. The stun is our best bet, we can always fire multiple shots if a single one does not take them out. Killing is out of the question unless you are backed in a corner and fear for your life. The sooner we get around to this the less chance of casualties. Pull the map back up Freeze, I need to check on something.

*Freezer Man projects the map again*

As I thought, there appears to be less robots than the last time I checked. Likely a few medical and patrol bots on the main floor. So as I said, we need to get going soon as there are already some casualties.

(OOC: Don't worry Ikus, you have two options: Have Somber remove the tag (it's not implanted into your brain, it's just attached to the back of your neck), or it will stop functioning properly outside the visible spectrum. Whichever one you want.)

Freezer Man: Then we should go.

Freezer Man begins walking to the elevator and presses the down button, and the doors open up. Freezer Man walks in and holds the door open.

Freezer Man: This is headed to the armory, if you are going, get in.

I might as well, we are avoiding conflict so I have little to worry about.

*Cegorea enters the elevator*