Sign in to follow this  
Jayon

Background

Very nice work, Cannon! I like it! :lol:

haha :p

Yea I finally said screw it, It's bland and took some advice I should have a long while ago.

>.>

haha :p

Yea I finally said screw it, It's bland-

<__<

>__>

*Sigh*

Don't get me wrong, I still like the original, it just didn't fit the 'theme' of a Video Game site. It was just a little too professional

>.>

I remember... it was in chat, wasn't it? That you got angry at me telling how the theme was too bland. If my memory serves me right, you said that you were tired of that same video game "feel" that all video game websites have, and that you wanted to change that. I protested that you couldn't fight against something that's merely natural, and that even if you disliked it, it was still well received by the great majority of gamers. I'm just glad you thought it over again, that's all I have to say.

It looks really nice Chris, great work. :)

You have quite a way with words, and yea I still like the white one, I'm thinking of implementing a styleswitcher.

You know what would be cool? A completely different layout style for another theme...

I suddenly felt the random urge to submit content.

Dammit Cannon, I can feel you indirectly controlling my impulses... those bony hands touching my brain and telling me to Google "Metroid Movie Updates"....

GAH! MUST... RESIST... MUST... ... ......... RRRRRREEESSS.....

*Starts Googling*

HO SHI- Just got back on the site, a what a pleasant surprise that was. :)

You have quite a way with words, and yea I still like the white one, I'm thinking of implementing a styleswitcher.

quite a way with words, and yea I still like the white one, I'm thinking of implementing a styleswitcher.

and yea I still like the white one, I'm thinking of implementing a styleswitcher.

I'm thinking of implementing a styleswitcher.

STYLESSWITCHER

*wants to make a theme* <.< >.>

Also, I feel I need to explain why I've been floating around the boards doing... well... nothing... Every time I get on the internet and head on over to Magatroid, I always get an e-mail from a teacher telling me I have more **** to do. Uhhhh... it's annoying. Wish I had the time to do some work on the site (which I haven't in a thousand years) but theirs so much to doooooooooooooooo. That and all the technical difficulties I'm running into that I still haven't resolved. :( Things haven't been going so well. [/whining]

Soooooooooooo, how y'all been doin'? >.>

AHA! Finally! Now we can do Space Pirate or Sanctuary like we always wanted.

I love the enthusiasm. If you design it, I'll code it.

You know what I would like to do though...make a set of holiday themed skins...

Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas

</wishful thinking>

magatroid.png

Well for those holiday themes (and any other themes) we ought to have different color styles for each logo thingy. Por ejemplo:

Halloween: hallowscatii6.gif

Xmas: xmasscatfa3.gif

Ya see what I mean?

>.>

Now that those are out of the way for the Halloween theme, we just need to incorporate a few elements into it. I'm thinking spiderwebs with Metroids... etc...

starbg.png

logo.png

There's too much orange in the space. Maybe letting more black come through the orange clouds would make it look better. I love the name though, it's wonderful. :p

Agreed Iko.

starbg_hallow.png

As for design elements, we could have spider webs attaching each of the panels/boxes/articles breaks together. But these wouldn't be just any ordinary spider webs; we could have them glowing blueish with a trace amounts of purple electricity. PHAZON WEBS. And the spiders could be very small Primes (exoskeleton). Well there's my idea. <.<

Nice SEELE, I also like the color change. Darker orange fits the theme even better.

Or you could make it like Orange Phazon. Say, try backing the pictures and things with an orange phazon frame. Also, I don't particularly like the font for Magatroid, but if you guys all like it...

Or you could make it like Orange Phazon. Say, try backing the pictures and things with an orange phazon frame. Also, I don't particularly like the font for Magatroid, but if you guys all like it...

What are you talking about? The font is verdana, it's the same one used here on the forums, and the same one used on 80% of all the websites on the net.

I had Georgia up there once because it was more elegant, but you told me you didn't like that font so I put up Verdana with which you replied along the lines of. "That looks better"

</elementsoftypographicalstyle>

What are you talking about? The font is verdana, it's the same one used here on the forums, and the same one used on 80% of all the websites on the net.

I had Georgia up there once because it was more elegant, but you told me you didn't like that font so I put up Verdana with which you replied along the lines of. "That looks better"

I love emphasis.

No, no, no, haha. I meant the font of the actual word "Magatroid", as in on the banner here and on the title of the magazine. Sorry for the confusion.

The Magazine looks amazing in those colors.

Still, I think we need more Halloweenish stuff... some spiders here and there maybe? I don't know :p

Edit: It would also be nice to give the forums the same skin.

I don't have photoshop to do anything =/

and I can't even download the trial because of the recent release of cs4

//

And to be honest, for all it's worth, Gimp and Gimpshop is pathetic compared to Photoshop...

=

I don't want to drop 300 bucks on it, even after the education discount. I've been using paint.net

\\