Sign in to follow this  
Dudemaster47

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Lol now the topic is about Final Fantasy :p

1. FFVIII (what can I say...)
  2. FFX (I was obsessed with this game for quite a while - did a NSG challenge)
  3. FFXII (Loved the battle system and how insanely open the game was)
  4. FFXIII (can I rank it yet? lol)
  5. FFIV
  6. FFI
  7. FFII
  8. FFX-2 (I was perfectly fine with X's ending but it was killing me to know why they'd make a sequel. This game contains the single most awkward scene I've ever witnessed in a FF. If you've played it you'll know what I mean. If you don't then for the
    - The only good thing in this game was the battle system.)

Yes, I haven't played 7 (nor 3 chozo but I might check it out on the DS). If they do a remake for 7 or release it on something like XBL Arcade or Wii Vitrual Console then I'll be sure to play it with the expectation that it's going to suck hard. ;)

I also really want to play 9 =/

I'm liking Final Fantasy XIII so far Chozo. The battle system (ATB) is like a hybrid of FFX-2 and FFXII, except your shifting paradigms instead of dress spheres. So far the game has been very linear which disappoints me considering how open XII was. No Towns no side-quests or anything so far and I'm rounding out Chapter 10 of 13. But I've heard it opens up in 11 so I'm looking forward to that. Aside from that the story is really interesting so far and it's been driving it along pretty well. Unfortunately I don't see much re-playability prior to it opening up since there isn't much you could do different on a subsequent play-through aside from re-experience the story. So If I play it more than once I'll likely start at the beginning of Chapter 11 barring wanting to watch cut scenes over.

I've yet to lay my hands on a FF game. o.o

III on the DS isn't that good, unfortunately, but unless you want to learn Japanese or engage in...less than legal measures, it's the only way to play it sad.gif

And VII is amazing. I hate everything else in the compilation, but VII itself...wow. The story, music, and battle system are all good enough for me to rank it above VIII, despite the fact that VIII is way more polished.

I'm actually looking forward to XIII, if only because the battle theme kicks some serious ass biggrin.gif

By the way, snʞı, I would recommend at least one before you die tongue.gif

Well, as of now I've played through VII, X, and X-2. I've played a significant amount of I (the original and the GBA version), VI, VIII, and IX. I've also played a brief bit of III (on DS) and Tactics (if that counts).

I own I, VII, VIII, IX, X, and Tactics. The main two that I want to play through right now are VIII and IX; I got a good portion of the way through VIII (on the third disc), but because of how much I used GFs, my characters suck, and I'm having a hard time making them any stronger, so I may just re-start the game. In IX, I got part of the way through the second disc when my PS1 stopped reading it. I've tried it on a PS2 and it does work, but some parts take forever to load.

I'm thinking of getting XIII; it looks pretty good from what I've seen. And I liked the older style of games, which it seems to be reverting to (when it comes to the battle system and story flow). I'm just not sure when I'll get it, since I don't really have any gaming time right now.

In IX, I got part of the way through the second disc when my PS1 stopped reading it. I've tried it on a PS2 and it does work, but some parts take forever to load.

Yeah, I've heard about that happening before. Not sure why. It's definitely one of the more technically advanced games for the PS1, so that may be part of it.

Well, that and the fact that both the game and the system are old. I just don't think my old PS1 is as good at reading games as it was way-back-when. Anyway, I'll trudge through things on the PS2 :) At least I still get to play the game.