Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lontepark

Metroid: Other M

69 posts in this topic

Er... Why hasn't this been created yet? Is this site really so dead that it doesn't register

A NEW METROID GAME COMING OUT!!??!?!

Look it up people.

Er... Why hasn't this been created yet? Is this site really so dead that it doesn't register

A NEW METROID GAME COMING OUT!!??!?!

Look it up people.

There already is a topic...

Look it up Lonte

>.>

...And does anyone read the site besides Louis and I?

http://metroidquarantine.com/

you would have seen it there at the least...

Umm, actually Chris... it's gone. The entire topic is gone. Not only that, I noticed that several posts in the RP topic have vanished. I was going to reply to something DM posted a few days ago, and the post just wasn't there.

Something weird has happened here over the past few days. From about Thursday to this morning, I couldn't make any posts or send a PM. Also, when I was on this morning, everything vanished. All of the topics, the forums, it all vanished. The only thing left on the forums page was the stuff at the bottom, like the board stats and who's celebrating a birthday. Chris, I tried to let you know, but I couldn't think of a way to get in touch with you since nothing was working here for me. I had just thought to send you a message over youtube when it started working again.

...Jayon's right.

Wait...I just checked the most frequent posts...

Everything posted this June, other than what was posted today, is completely gone. Everything. Cannon, look at the most recent posts. When I saw the site come up just now (it was as Jayon said, everything was gone other than the stats before, so I gave up and left for a while. Ikus also noticed it, as I went on the IRC (and found Seeker on there, albeit dead) and, while I had been gone, Ikus came and left) the only thing from today was this topic. The most recent post in the RP category was the latest story post from Jayon. Which was posted in May.

Cannon, what happened? Why were these posts erased?

Dammit!

I was hoping the backup had all the posts in it...I forgot to check for missing data...

Something corrupted the database so I had to restore the most recent backup I had. The one I took a few days ago (right before other M was announced)

It's a lot better than losing all 11000+ posts...

I'm suspecting some sort of malicious activity.

I can't recover the old posts but I may be able to recreate them by wading through what is left of the mangled mess that is the database. It could recover the lost data in text form at least, just not as a topic......

I'll see what I can do.

I know about the new Metroid topic, but I'm not sure about the last few posts in 1337. Give me a heads up on it Jayon, I also want to start putting it in a special features section I'm going to setup on Darkfire/flame. I've been working on it so I hope to have Darkfire/flame running soon.

When exactly did the posts first disappear because I didn't notice them till this morning.

If you ever need to reach me in such an event then go here:

http://metroidquarantine.com/chat/

It contains instructions on how to join IRC.

Edit: I'm just glad I backed up the database when I did, otherwise we could have lost quite a few more posts then 20 or so....

The forum disappeared this morning. The posts were gone when it came back up.

Thankfully, none of the RP story posts were gone, due to Jayon's lack of updates. (Which, although seeming bad before, is now quite a good thing, nothing was lost.) Merely a few posts in the discussion topic were gone, and...well, they weren't extremely important. Due to the recent inactivity, the only other thing missing (that I noticed) was the Other M topic.

We got lucky this time. Malicious activity, huh? Why would anyone want to do anything malicious to a small, insignificant site such as this?

Well, it actually wouldn't have mattered. I'm doing the writing in word, and the files are small so I'm keeping them on my computer, mainly for back-reference so I don't contradict myself :p

Yeah, and earlier today the forums were weird, the lists of boards disappeared and there was nothing at all. I went to chat only to see dormant Seeker there. :S

And me, but I was on the can and came back to find you.

And you then left after I came back and tried to talk.

Perhaps all this has something to do with this:

picture2vcm.jpg

wtf?

Perhaps all this has something to do with this:

picture2vcm.jpg

wtf?

That's actually a good thing. That's just the archive bot, it only comes once your site has been around for a while. After it indexes the site it will appear on archive.org as long as it is running, which they planned indefinitely. It won't archive everything but it will preserve the basics such as layout and a few posts etc...

Yeah, and earlier today the forums were weird, the lists of boards disappeared and there was nothing at all. I went to chat only to see dormant Seeker there. :S

We still have chat :o

Yea, click on the chat forum and it takes you to an informative page about irc.

Just click where it says Chat, dude, it's not too hard.

*poof*

So, any news on this game? Or am I still up to date?

*poof*

Hey Lect.

<_<

yea there's a crap load of new info for metroid other m

>_>

including a release date. I just can't be bothered to do an update. (I think it might kill me =/ and I sorta gave away my wii)

I wonder if I could hire a writer? Anyone willing to do it cheap? Bah.

Unfortunately I can't say i'm too excited for it to be honest, but if it gets good reviews I'll more than likely get my hands on it one way or the other...m (sorry very bad pun)

I loathe the color of Samus's suit. It looks like they're aiming for some sort of cell-shading, but I can already tell it's going to suck. It's way too cartoonish for me.

Ugh...

Interesting... I agree that the the suit coloring looks a little strange, and the control scheme seems a little weird and perhaps over-complicated, but at the same time... it's Metroid. The story sounds like it'll be intriguing, and the guy writing the review seemed to think that the demo was really good. So, despite those factors which seem less-than-desirable, I'm still really looking forward to playing this. There's only one thing in that article that worries me, that one word that so many Metroid fans loathe... linear.