Sign in to follow this  
Chris

What DS games do you recommend?

I'm considering getting a Nintendo DS. What are some good games for it?

Well, as I say whenever I hear a question like that, what style of games do you like? Action? Puzzle? Shooter? Do you have any examples of games you particularly like?

I use my DS pretty often, both for old GBA games and for the newer DS games. Mine is actually one of the original type (not a lite) but I'm thinking of upgrading to a DSi since my touch screen is losing sensitivity and the hinge is damaged. But my old DS cetainly lasted quite a while and took a bit of a beating.

Anyway, games that I particularly like on it are:

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

New Super Mario Bros.

Brain Age / Brain Age 2 / Big Brain Academy (believe it or not, I really do think they work)

Star Fox Command

Phoenix Wright (all 3; that series is on my top list of favorite games)

What are the main differences between the DSi and the regular DS?

Action & RPG are pretty good. I played that professor layton and the curious village though and thought it was pretty good.

I was thinking the FF4 remake, Chrono Trigger, and Pokemon.

I forgot about Phantom Hourglass though. I imagine I'll find a cheap copy of hunters as well for completions sake.

The DSi has a camera built into it, and probably some other things like screen size and lighting adjustments. I really don't like how they took out the GBA slot, but since I'll still keep my old DS, that's not so much of a concern. I'm sure you can find more details pretty easily online.

If you do pick up a DS, then I'd really suggest giving one of the brain games a try; they're cheap, and they do help you think. I usually run through them a bit on the way to work each day (when I'm not driving; I'm in a carpool).

I'm interested in the FF games, but it's never quite worked out for me getting them. I found a place where they had used copies of III on for a good price, but they were out of stock -_-

Hunters.

No really, get it. It's about time you get to know what all the bad rep is about.

Oh that reminds me, I was talking about getting a DS in Chat with Seele and he mentioned a Zelda OoT texture Re-map. Showed some pretty amazing images.

Might want to ask him about where to get it. I found something online but it may not be the same thing.

http://www.lanpartyguide.com/zelda/pj64.html

Rhythm Heaven

Megaman Star Force 1-3

Pokemon

FF IV

FF III

Suikoden

Dragon Quest

Custom Robo

Theresia (This game is great)

Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin

I could go on and on

^Agreed, Trauma Center is an awesome game. I've got it on the Wii though, and I think I prefer that version. I can't make a perfect comparison though, since I haven't played the DS version much.

RPGs:

Pokeymanz (get Pear/Daimond, they are REALLY good. Along with SoulSilver or whatever)

Chrono Trigger DS (one of the best RPGs I've ever played and that's really saying something since I hate Square Enix :\ There are a few more enemies, items, two new quests, a new Pokemon-esque Colosseum mode where you pit monsters against each other, and new final boss that appears after you've beaten all the extra quests, and and a few SFX improvements. This is Chrono Trigger in it's finest form.)

Golden Sun DS (not going to be released 'till 2010, but be on look out for it as this is one of the DS's biggest releases)

Adventure:

Phantom Hour Glass (well yeah it's Zelda)

Adventure/Action/RPG:

EVERY SINGLE CASTLEVANIA DS GAME (Best platformers [yes even better than new Super Mario Bros] on any handheld system IMHO. And if you aren't familiar with Castlevania, it has RPG elements as well like spell casting, leveling up, equipment etc. BUY THESE GAMES)

And as for the Zelda hi res texture hack, I got it off of a torrent which is actually a compilation of numerous texture hacks for OoT and I'm not sure if I should just post the link. Although if you search "texture hack" on a certain Swedish torrent site I'm sure you could find it. <.< >.>

I don't suppose you guys know where I can get cheap DS games

XD

Seems like a lot of games to go through before I get hunters. I'm going to also have to get that KH game...

wait a minute...there is a Super Mario 64 remake on the DS?!

Gamestop

Went and picked up a DS Lite(for the gba slot & cheaper yay!) and Pokemon Platinum today. Wanted to get Chrono Trigger first but they didn't have one in stock. I'm pretty stoked though since I can use GBA insertion to get Arcanin..err I mean Growlithe with my firered.

Had no idea you could trade and battle over the internet with others. That seems pretty cool, anyone else here have a pokemon game where we can get together and trade up? (I'm not sure if it is exclusive to platinum or if diamond and pearl can do it as well) I'd say battle but I'd be creamed right now. I'm pretty early so I'd be willing to do numerous resets to fill in starters if someone here has the game.

Saw a brain age for pretty cheap, might go get it once I beat this game.

Moi.

But I haven't used it since like eons ago, so I can't promise you a Shiny Bidoof or anything.

I've got pearl, but I don't have a DS internet-thing. I think the DSi can connect without the adapter, so if that's the case I'll just hold off on buying one until I get a DSi.

You don't need an adapter. All you have to do is go into wi-fi connection settings at the games start menu (Nintendo WFC Settings) and configure it for your wireless router. It can't use WPA but it can use unsecured and WEP networks.

The USB adapter just connects it to your computer's internet I believe.

Ya. I have the USB adapter because when I first got my DS Lite I had no router, but once I got a router, I pretty much stopped using it.

I would trade but I don't know how it's done over the internet... But if I find out, what Pokeyman do you want? I get you pretty much anything including a Growlith. Just no legendaries of course. >.>

Y'know, this game actually started being really fun for me, but I was beaten by the massive amount of time and dedication that this sucker requires.

I'm a psycopath when it coems to completing games 100%, especially when it comes to Zelda games. But this game was just too much and I just decided to leave it like that, because I knew that if I decided to finish it completely I would end up losing most of my young life. Guess I was wise enough.

I'm not quite sure, but I don't think it's actually possible to complete it 100% since Arseus hasn't been officially available for downloads at movies but I don't know.

Completing Pokeyman games (especially this one, with 493 total pokeymanz) is outrageously difficult and very few people do it without cheating.

Only ones I really care to trade for - Mostly b/c I think I can obtain the others I want and If I can't I'll get over it.

Ditto

Houndour

Skarmory

Starters

Cyndaquil

Charmander

Squirtle

Mudkip

Treecko (Only grass pokemon I've ever bothered using)

Liquid Awesomeness

Growlithe

Houndour

Bagon

Beldum

Dratini

Larvitar

Skarmory

Cool Beans

Mareep

Lapras

3 Eevee (Umbreon, Glaceon, Jolteon)

Ralts

Feebas(the *******)

Back & Forth Trading

Kadabra

Scyther

Onix

Most of these I can handle myself. The only real problem I have with platinum is the Ditto Issue and getting my hands on certain starters. Plus trading back and forth to evolve certain ones. As of now I have to wait till I get the national dex before I can get my Growlithe and from what I've heard about Lucario I probably won't care much for Alakazam. (or if I get my hands on a ralts)

I'm not sure whether There is a way for me to get Houndoom or Mightyena on Platinum (for breeding purposes with Growlithe). I'll have to look into all of the things I can get on platinum without the other games. Only GBA insertion I can do is FireRed, Ruby, & Sapphire.

Whoahohoho... slow down there. That's a lot to ask for, not everything is life is free ya little brat.

Just kidding hahaha. I just need to know how to trade with people I know across the internet. I think I need a friend code or something and go to the first big city you come across or something. And man you must REALLY want a Skarmory since you listed it twice. I think I have most of those Pokemon, but as for my starters, well I can only get one and I no longer have my Gold version :(

Oh I see, you have to go to Jubilife and go into that huge building with the 3D rotating globe and do a search for the Pokemon you want. To be honest, I see some people right now who are trading Lugia's for Bidoofs. >.> May want to try your luck their first.

Gold version is incompatible, until Soul Silver and Heart Gold come out the only way to get the Jhoto Starters is from FireRed and LeafGreen. (As far as I know)

Like I said I should be able to get all of the pokemon I want in my own games short of Ditto. Which is the only one I'm really interested in trading for barring give-sees back-sees

Gold version is incompatible

Oh yeah... what a stupid thing to say...